Sunday 8 May 2011

Mayfest - Mmmmmm beer!

So yesterday I did something that I haven't done in a really long time. A full day session - drinking with the girls. The day kicked off with a full English breakfast from Shaws - I figured I ought to line my stomach, especially as I don't tend to drink beer. Then I met up with Debbie and Louise and we went down to the head of steam and met up with everyone else, got a train to Halifax and onto the beer festivel.

We were expecting it to be 21c and glorious. It was warm but not sunny, so we stayed inside the arts centre. At first it seemed like there were a lot of bearded older yorkshire men, but as time went on a few hottie halifax men appeared. We gave them names like Jewish nosed guy. I text Vern a few times 1 to make sure he wasn't coming - he wasn't -  no surprises the PS3 needs fixing after all and 2 to try get a nice location for a curry - however we ended up going back to huddersfield any way by that point and went to the cinnamon lounge.


Called in on Simon at Legacy comics. Introduced a couple of the girls to the world of comics. I will make geeks of them yet!!! It was free comic day so we got a sticker each, you can't see the writing close enough but its says "I got a free comic today". For my part I did tell everyone who asked me about my sticker back at the Mayfest about how great Simons comic shop is. But then the worst thing happened, I managed to lose my brand new Thor comic and 2 free comics at the Mayfest. Conclusion - Beer and comic books is not a good combination. Lesson learnt. Do not buy comics when at a beer festivel!!!!

I also managed to scare Verns photographer friend I think. I have him linked on here as Hellbelly my fav photographer. Now that is because I really like his work. Not just the fantastic geeky shots of doctor who and stuff but the city shots and portrait ones he does are really good too. Anyway he was at Legacy and I said hi and was sort of trying to tell him that I liked his work but I think he heard, "stalker!!!!!" which wasn't my intention. Anyhoo check out his website as he does do great pictures.

I cruised along most of the afternoon at what I can only describe as the optimum drunken level. Not to drunk you do anything daft but just merry. Sampled 3 beers and several ciders and perrys. I've lost the programme - it was in the bag with the comics - sobs but one was called cunning stunt. I think that was my favourite one. Anyway we chatted and chilled and it was a good day. I think Louise had a good birthday. I bought her a badge!!!And she wore it all day. Good sport!
Heres a nice one of me and the binnsmeister. Complete with my "I got a free comic today" sticker.
The twins, louise and her friend Gemma complete with Jewish nose guy in the background, and Debbie and Jenny. ..


We enjoyed it so much we are already making plans for the Huddersfield October Fest. And I have the one in Newcastle in June when I go up and stay with Nicky and the Geordies.

Woke up this morning and no hangover. Even better! To be fair the curry probably helped and I did get to bed at a decent hour. Although, I didn't manage to get up for a jog. So todays plan, major tidy up as I am getting a bigger fish tank on monday and need to move stuff around to accomodate it. I think I will have room for some more fish too :0)  And potentially mum and dads for tea later.

Interestingly I have been checking the stats on here and to date my Thor review is the most viewed entry. In fact I traced back one of the sources of bringing people to my blog yesterday and someone has put my review up on a message board with a link to download it. Never expected that but wow I guess people must be liking what I write as 3 people had downloaded it. So I will have to keep reviewing TV and films. I just really wish more people would comment and follow me. Come on click the comments link!!!!! The comments are working now.

No comments:

Post a Comment